Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer FLSA Status: Exempt Department: Athletics Position #: 000235 Location: Main Campus – Austin
This is a 12-month, exempt position, which reports to the Head Athletic. Under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer, the Associate Athletic Trainer will seek to provide an environment, which will allow the student-athlete the chance to grow physically, socially, culturally, intellectually and morally. The Associate Athletic Trainer will assist in providing athletic training services for 15 intercollegiate and several JV sports teams. The Associate Athletic Trainer will work with the Head Athletic Trainer, the Vice President for Athletics, and several on-campus offices with the focus on the health and wellness issues related to student-athletes and performance.
- Training Services: Provide athletic training services, first aid, or emergency care for the student-athletes and coaching staff; oversee daily job performance of work study students; assist in the daily operation of the athletic training room; recommend procedures for the prevention, assessment, and treatment of athletic injuries; provide emergency care and first aid in the event of an emergency until medical technicians, paramedics, physicians, or other health care providers arrive; recommend and coordinate the rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Assist with the drug testing program.
- Communications/Public Relations: Serve as a Christian role model for the students; coordinate referrals to healthcare providers; maintain relationships with team doctors and consultants; consult with parents/guardians of CTX student athletes regarding sports injuries when applicable; maintain a positive rapport with coaches, faculty, staff and students
- Recordkeeping: Maintain accurate and secure records related to individual injuries and personal medical history of athletes; collect and keep on file all insurance information for each student/athlete. Maintain and update athletic training manuals and EAPs annually.
- Program Support: Attend all assigned home and away competitive athletic school events; attend all assigned home team sport practices; serve on department and university committees as needed; assist in department fundraising and other events; assist the Head Athletic Trainer in all other duties as assigned
- Health & Wellness of Student-Athletes: Support athlete health and wellness initiatives such as alcohol and drug education; mental health awareness; and sexual violence prevention.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience as an athletic trainer, preferably in collegiate setting
- Maintain NATA BOC certification
- Maintain licensure by the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Comply with the Concordia University Texas’ Department of Athletics Procedures Handbook,
NCAA and ASC Manuals and codes of conduct
- Present a professional image while representing the University at games, practices, away trips,
conventions or meetings and in the local community
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, Vivature and SWAY
- A valid driver’s license and clear driving record without restrictions is required
- Articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Expected to work extended hours and days including weekends and holidays as necessary
- Ability to clearly communicate for class instruction, as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for a long periods of time
- This position does not offer the opportunity for remote work
- Contact: Collin Gentry email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org