Western Texas College
Position: Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports to: Athletic Trainer
Terms: Full-time, 10-month contract
Salary: $24,000 plus benefits & tuition assistance
Starting Date: ASAP, Position open until filled
The successful candidate will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the recruitment of potential athletic training students, skill instruction, monitoring academic performance, community involvement, practice, and game coverage.
- Ensure that all athletes have had physical examinations prior to the start of any season.
- Ensure that all WJCAC guidelines and NJCAA regulations are fulfilled regarding athletic trainer presence at WJCAC and NJCAA sporting events.
- Provide, either directly or indirectly, for immediate treatment or first aid for injured athletes during athletic events or practice.
- Make suitable arrangements for injured athletes to get the necessary medical advice and treatment from physicians or sports medicine clinics when the extent of the injury warrants such referral.
- Determine techniques for the adequate protection of athletes required for participation in either athletic events or practices.
- Administer the proper rehabilitative therapy or post-injury care for athletes, utilizing available devices and facilities.
- Supervise the training facility, i.e., purchasing of equipment and supplies, budget preparation, inventories, and general maintenance issues.
- Supervise and train student-athletic trainers in first aid treatment, use of physical modalities, adhesive strapping, wrapping and care of athletic injuries, general clean-up and record keeping.
- Travel with or provide for student trainers to travel with athletic teams to out-of-town contests.
- Establish and maintain records of all injuries, evaluations, doctor’s reports, treatments, taping, and rehabilitative treatment given to anyone in the training room.
- Housing and meals allowance
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
Haylee Martinez M.Ed, LAT, ATC
To apply for this job email your details to HAYLEE.MARTINEZ@WTC.EDU