Trinity University- San Antonio, Texas
Assistant Athletic Trainer – Full – Time
Responsible for the coordination and administration of all aspects of the athletic training room and sports medicine offerings for the intercollegiate athletic programs as deemed by the Head Athletic Trainer.
This is a fulltime position that will be for the Spring 2021 Semester, from January – May. This position may be extended beyond this timeframe depending on the needs of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations may be made as required. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Onsite care and management of injuries and illnesses including: prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation.
- Provides accommodation recommendations, related to sport, for student athletes with restrictions or limitations.
- Assists with accident insurance claims processing
- Minimizes risk of injury through awareness, education, and prevention strategies.
- Maintains student athlete insurance information.
- Assists with training, scheduling, and payroll for student staff
- Assists with physical examinations and screenings
- Makes appropriate physician’s referrals and appointments.
- Communicates with physicians and coaching staff regarding the injury status of athletes
- Assists the Athletic Director and coaching staff in determining whether the athletic facility is in optimal and safe condition
- Helps monitor weather conditions and dangerous environments (humidity/lightning)
- Assists with drug testing per department policy
- Coordinates the purchasing and use of all equipment and supplies needed for the operation of the athletic training facility, in accordance with University policies.
- Adheres to conference guidelines, including visiting team accommodations and services
- Abides by NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interact with confidence, patience and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 1 year to 3 years.
- Current and/or past experience with an intercollegiate athletic program.
- Administrative experience with operating an athletic training room.
- 3 years to 5 years.
- Knowledge of a large range of medical problems.
- Assessment, evaluation skills and working with other healthcare professionals.
- Ability to think critically and make independent decisions regarding the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and return to play decisions per state licensure guidelines.
- Thorough and detailed with injury tracking and documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situation when talking to patients, medical professionals, staff and families.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Therapeutic rehabilitation.
- Injury evaluation.
- Therapeutic modality usage.
- Manual therapy techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Master’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and have a good driving history. May not have more than two moving violations in a three-year period.
- NATA BOC certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Using both feet
- Using both hands
- General office environment
- Wet or humid conditions
- Extreme heat
- Works in very loud noise
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, infectious and communicable diseases or biological agents.
- All jobs require a current Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Requires the hours of work necessary to fulfill responsibilities which may include evenings, weekends and traveling with teams.
- Alter-G treadmill
- Therapeutic modality machine
- Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are an essential requirement of this position, including working all full-time regular hours as established by the supervisor in addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
- Assists in supervising student workers.
To apply please follow this link:
To apply for this job please visit employer.circaworks.com.