Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
Athletics Programs – Training
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position is responsible for coordinating and delivering athletic training services to assigned teams including: prevention, recognition, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries; acute care and emergency response to athletic injuries; rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries; and health care administration for the student-athletes. This is a 10-month position for August 1 – May 31 annually; 40-hour per week commitment with flexible schedule.
- Deliver athletic training services to varsity student-athletes, under the direction of the head athletic trainer and team physician, including; prevention, recognition, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries; acute care and emergency response to athletic injuries; rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries; and health care administration for the student-athletes.
- Assist with maintaining comprehensive medical records for individual student-athletes, daily injury reports for all athletes, and annual injury report summarizing injuries, treatments, and follow up care.
- Supervise the clinical experiences of the athletic training students and assist the AT Program Director with other duties related to the Athletic Training Program.
- Organize and coordinate the inventory of athletic training equipment and supplies.
- Provide coverage of all home and away events as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training, sports administration, or related field.
- Certified by the Board of Certification (BOC).
- Texas athletic trainer license or temporary permit by date of hire.
- Experience in using electronic medical records documentation systems.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to occasionally work evening hours and/or weekends when required.
- Master’s degree in athletic training, sports administration, or related field.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Certification as an American Red Cross Instructor for CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Experience as an athletic trainer with college sports teams. Knowledgeable of NCAA rules.
- Experience as a Preceptor for an Athletic Training Program.
- Experience in teaching, evaluating, and supervising athletic training students in clinical performance.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Apply online at:
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.