St. Edwards University
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER/INSTRUCTOR, DEPARTMENT OF KINESIOLOGY
REPORTS TO: Head Athletic Trainer
The successful candidate will assist the university in meeting the goals of the mission statement, athletic department and department of Kinesiology by providing:
- Approximately three contact hours of teaching either one Kinesiology lecture course or multiple practicums in Athletic Training and
- A safe environment for university sponsored practices and competitions and quality care for student-athletes in a comprehensive university athletic training program comprised of 15 NCAA DII programs.
The successful candidate will operate such that the overall quality and integrity of the department aligns with the university’s vision of excellence. This position reports directly to the Head Athletic Trainer for responsibility in critical areas of prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation referral and documentation of athletic injuries, and to the Department of Kinesiology Chair for responsibility in providing a comprehensive overview of objectives, skills, concepts, materials, and methods necessary for kinesiology students to perform in a kinesiology based setting.
- Masters’ Degree in athletic training, kinesiology or closely related field required
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with kinesiology students
- Previous teaching experience is preferred
- Texas Department of State Health Services License required, or eligible for licensure
- NATA BOC certification required
- NSCA CSCS preferred
- Two to five years athletic training experience, with two years of experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards and healthy lifestyles for student-athletes
- Ability to work in the outdoor elements and on evenings, week-ends, and holidays
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required
- Teaching a kinesiology course and/or practicums to kinesiology students
- Coordinate the medical care of student-athletes of assigned sports
- Provide on-field/court athletic training services for assigned sport programs
- Implement appropriate injury prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Assist in supervision of the daily operation of the athletic training facility
- Assist in maintenance of the athletic training equipment, supplies, and facilities
- Maintain accurate medical documentation of athletic injuries
- Travel, as necessary, with assigned sport programs
- Assist in recruitment, education, and daily supervision of athletic training students including documentation related to licensure
- Maintain continuing education hours as required for athletic training licensure/certification
- Be an engaged member of the athletic department and university community and other duties as assigned.
SCHEDULE: This is an exempt position with a flexible full-time schedule (normal office hours 8 am to 5 pm). The individual holding this position will need to be available early morning, evening, and weekends to meet the needs of the department.
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: Exempt/Learned Professional
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General supervision is received by the Head Athletic Trainer.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Functional supervision is provided to student workers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The expectations listed below are representative of the abilities that may be needed to fulfill duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical strength/endurance to enable him/her to perform/participate in the following activities:
- Physically able to lift various materials up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- While performing required job tasks, frequent walking and standing will be required 75% of the time
- Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform typing, operate a computer and other office equipment
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to indoor/outdoor environment/climate changes
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours to include evening, weekend and holiday hours
- Ability to travel by car and plane for University business
EXPECTATIONS: The incumbent is expected to have or possess:
- Ability to handle highly confidential material, understanding that all University information should only be disclosed to others who have a need to know, for legitimate business Have the ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision making skills as well as the ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite software programs. Ability to quickly learn new technology, such as FrontRush, and be self-motivated to stay current with emerging
- Ability to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and read and interpret written information. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure
- Adapt to change in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected
- Ability to accept supervision, assignments, change and Proven effectiveness in dealing with a wide range of professionals, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to balance priorities to accomplish assigned tasks within the required time frame and be able to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of
- Engage in meaningful and intentional professional development appropriate for areas of responsibility and actively engage in personal and campus well-being
- Carry out all responsibilities and objectives in professional
- Accept and render constructive criticism in a professional
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds in accordance with the Holy Cross
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by St. Edwards University, Lone Star Conference and the NCAA.
Apply online at: https://www.stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/1296383.html
To apply for this job please visit stedwards.applicantpro.com.