Newman Smith High School
POSITION: ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER – Newman Smith High School
SALARY: CFBISD TEACHER PAY SCALE and STIPEND
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS:
Athletic Training Services: The management and provision of care of injuries to a physically active person as defined in the state practice act with the direction of a licensed physician. The term includes the rendering of emergency care, development of injury prevention programs and providing appropriate preventative and devices for the physically active person. The term also includes the assessment, management, treatment, rehabilitation and recondition of the physically active person whose conditions are within the professional preparation and education of a certified athletic trainer. The term also includes the use of modalities such as mechanical stimulation, heat, cold, light, air, water, electricity, sound, massage and the use of therapeutic exercises, reconditioning exercise and fitness programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Licensed by the State of Texas as an Athletic Trainer, ATC preferred
- Valid State of Texas teaching certificate.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for all assigned home athletic contests.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Schedule and be present for pre-participation sports physicals.
- Provide the coaches and athletic director with a list of athletes medically eligible to compete under district and state rules and regulations.
- Assist the head athletic trainer as requested.
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Possible lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, stretching, and stooping. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires normal hearing and eyesight to allow for patient interaction and transfer of patient information from the patient to pen chart. Need to have the ability to handle high amounts of stress. Also, exposed to climate conditions such as but not limited to heat, rain, sleet, snow, and cold temperatures.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures, and data; maintain emotional control under stress.
E-Mail Resume to: Shaketha Pierce email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org