POSITION PURPOSE: The Assistant Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Head
Athletic Trainer and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the College’s athletic
program. The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management
and rehabilitation of injuries within the College’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses.
• Evaluation of athletic injuries.
• Treatment of athletic injuries.
• Providing counseling and education to student athletes.
• Athletic training administrative duties.
• Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away
• Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic
• Recordkeeping and documentation.
• Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student
• Organizes and coordinates the inventory of athletic training equipment and supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of specialization.
• Professional experience in collegiate athletics.
• Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
and/or licensed by the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
• Familiarity with NJCAA governing rules
REPORTS TO: Head Athletic Trainer
SALARY: $35,000 (This is a 10-month position to be paid over 12 months annually)
TO APPLY: Please visit the Navarro College web page and locate the listing under Employment
Opportunities, or use the link below to apply.
CONTACT: If you have questions, please contact Cody Ahlgrimm at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org