Position Title: Athletic Trainer
Job Type: 10 months with benefits
Supervisor: Head Athletic Trainer
Under the general supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, assists in all aspects of the athletic training program; to include prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Uses independent judgement to administer and provide athletic training coverage to scholar-athletes, athletic practices, games/matches and various activities.
Major/Essential Duties of the Job:
- Assist in daily operations of the athletic training facility and all aspects associated with administering and providing services and coverage for McMurry University intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Provide injury care, prevention, evaluation, injury education and rehabilitation for McMurry University scholar-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- Communicate with scholar-athletes, medical personnel, athletic staff and administrators in the development and coordination of efficient and responsive athletic health care.
- Additional responsibilities include athletic training administrative duties as assigned,
- Assist with supervising, instructing and evaluating the work of athletic training students assigned to McMurry from other local universities.
- Assist in the coordination of medical insurance requirements, insurance claim processing, billingand filing. Referral of sports injuries to external medical facilities and injury record keeping.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by the Head AT or VP of Intercollegiate Athletic and Student Affairs.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 lbs. and stand for an extensive amount of time per day, must be able to deal with heat and changing weather precautions.
- Travel and irregular work hours required. Requires frequent lifting, bending, stooping, or standing. Working beyond normal 40-hour week is possible during seasonal activities.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Bachelor’s degree in athletic training, sports medicine, or related field is required and a minimum of two years’ experience. Licensure by State of Texas and/or certification in Athletic Training from the National Athletic Training Association Board of Certification. Must have a valid driver’s license and currently qualified in CPR/AED and First Aid.
Master’s degree in athletic training, sports medicine or related field. Experience working at the collegiate level in an athletic training program. Graduate assistantship will count as experience. Familiarity and utilization of novel treatment concepts (e.g. Mulligan Concept, PRRT, MyoKinesthetics, Total Motion Release, FMS, SFMA, dry needling).
McMurry University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and education and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, veteran’s status, or against qualified disabled persons in employment or the provision of services, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply by visiting http://mcm.peopleadmin.com/postings/2487
Charity McCright, M.Ed., LAT, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
To apply for this job please visit mcm.peopleadmin.com.