Lancaster High School
Assistant Athletic Trainer,
The Assistant Athletic Trainer assists in coordinating the coverage, treatment, rehabilitation, and physician referral for all student athletes. Teaching field is open. They will also have responsibilities for sub-varsity, varsity and some middle school sports.
License and Certificate Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree with additional pay.
- Valid License from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Certified from the National Athletic Trainers Association preferred
- Texas Teaching Certificate preferred
- CPR/AED Certified
- Sports medicine 1,2 and 3 certifications
Individual duties consist of, but not limited to:
- Day to day operations of the Athletic Training Room
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests and provide emergency care & triage as necessary
- Evaluation, care, and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Development and implementation of rehabilitation protocols.
- Documentation of athletic injuries.
- Proper and effective communication with coaching staff, athletes, parents, physicians, and other staff members.
- Assist in district physicals, concussion protocols/ImPACT testing, and other standard athletic training operations.
- Ability to recruit, train, and manage high quality student athletic training aides.
- Help maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment and ordering of additional supplies
- Maintain a clean, organized, professional working environment
- Other duties as assigned.
LISD teacher salary scale + stipend, 11 month contract
Individuals interested send resume/references and cover letter to: Director of Sports Medicine.
Candace Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com