Kingwood Park High School
Kingwood Park Assistant Athletic Trainer
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER
COMPENSATION: TEACHER SALARY SCHEDULE (195 days) + STIPEND
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree; Texas Athletic Training License; CPR/AED certification
PREFERRED: NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer; CPR/AED Instructor certification
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the planning and implementation of a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program
for student athletes and fine arts students (Band, Dance, and Color Guard)
2. Assist in providing rehabilitation and training to student athletes and fine art students.
3. Attend practice sessions and athletic contests for high school and middle schools, as assigned by the head
4. Arrange and organize middle school treatments as well as other middle school duties as assigned.
5. Provide emergency or continued care and refer athletes to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
6. Detect and resolve risks to athletes and determine continued participation in athletic events.
7. Assist in developing, establishing, and following specific procedures to be carried out in the event of a medical
8. Assist in providing health care information and counsel and instruct student athletes on subject matter related
to athletic training.
9. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel,
coaches, and other staff.
10. Assist in planning and implementing a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and
illnesses sustained by student athletes.
11. Assist in determining therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes, apply therapeutic modalities, and
instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
12. Assist in fitting injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
13. Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Assist in developing criteria for progression and return to
practice and competition.
14. Follow and enforce professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for
treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
15. Assist in coordination of scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screenings.
16. Assist in selection, education, training, and supervision of student assistants in a high school and middle school
17. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment
records as required.
18. Assist in maintaining an inventory of training supplies and equipment.
19. Assist in CPR, concussion, and RankOne training for coaches and maintain records of those training sessions.
20. Maintain personal CPR certification and National Certification/Texas Athletic Training Licensure.
21. Additional duties as deemed necessary by the head athletic trainer, campus coordinators, principals, or district
athletic and administrative staff.
Interviews will be conducted by Zoom as well as potential face to face.
PLEASE SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND REFERENCES TO:
Head Athletic Trainer
To apply for this job email your details to Daniel.email@example.com