Tivy High School
Kerrville ISD is seeking Licensed Athletic Trainers to apply for the Assistant Athletic Trainer’s position at Tivy High School. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume with a letter of interest to Amy Sralla, ATC LAT MAT. The email address is email@example.com.
The following is a brief job description for the position.
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer at Tivy High School at Kerrville ISD
- Assist with coordination and supervision of athletic training program for student athletes.
- Work under the direction of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries. Provide instruction in classes assigned to support instruction and services for athletic training.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director and/or Head Athletic Trainer
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university
- Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the Texas Department of health
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association BOC certification preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred or willing to obtain certification
- Current Professional Rescuer CPR and AED certification
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Supervise the work of student assistants.
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Ability to provide emergency care
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
- Knowledge of infectious disease prevention and protocols
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Writing routine reports and/or correspondence.
- Ability to compile and maintain documents
Physical demands/environmental factors:
- Continual walking /standing
- Moderate lifting and carrying
- Stooping, kneeling, and reaching
- Exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather
- Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases
- Frequent district-wide and statewide travel
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours
- Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Additional athletic stipend as approved
Name: Amy Sralla, ATC LAT MAT
Title: Head Athletic Trainer – Tivy High School
To apply for this job please visit kerrvilleisd.net.