John Paul Stephens High School
Northside Independent School District in San Antonio is looking for an Assistant Athletic Trainer at John Paul Stevens High School.
Assistant Athletic Trainer – John Paul Stevens High School
- The Athletic Trainer Assistant/Teacher, under the supervision of the Principal and Athletic Coordinator, shall work with the Head Athletic Trainer in planning, coordinating, and supervising components of the athletic training program for student athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university
- Valid license from the State Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Valid Teacher Certification for Secondary Education
- TSATA Sports Medicine Course I, II, and III Certification
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction to students in content area.
- Assists with developing and implementing a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attends practice sessions and athletic contests and treats injuries, provides first aid and quickly responds to emergencies.
- Assists with rehabilitation and reconditioning programs for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Provides physical conditioning training to student athletes and fits injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversees its use.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Compiles, maintains, and files all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, insurance accident, and treatment records as required.
- Works with campus athletic coordinator and all head sport coaches for UIL compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Frequent district wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; outdoor exposure to sun and heat.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Salary: Teacher Salary + Stipend (Extra Days)
- Type of Assignment: Full Time, Exempt
- Minimum Work Days: 187
All interested applicants should send their Resume and Letter of Intent to Cara Marcella at email@example.com .
To apply within the district (NISD), please look under General Notice Professional — Secondary Teacher General Education. PDF is attached for additional details.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org