Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Athletic Director Pay Grade: Schedule III, Category 1
Dept./School: Athletics Date Revised: 03/2019
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Also work under the direction of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Current adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certification
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com