Denton Braswell High School
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers, Valid Teaching Certificate Preferred
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply the appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes and assistants
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: Illness/Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student-athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by the athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student-athletes.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with injuries.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a medical emergency.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
- Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student-athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on the proper use of exercise equipment.
- Evaluate and record the rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding the use of drugs and therapeutic agents for the treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
Supervise the work of student assistants.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Maintain emotional control under pressure; reading, interpretation of graphs/charts; effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to handle multiple tasks effectively; ability to work under timeline demands; prolonged standing while monitoring students’ progress and providing daily instruction.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com