Corsicana High School
Primary Purpose: Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Also work under the direction of team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries. This job will split time between the middle school and high school, and has no teaching requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Ability to provide emergency care
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with injuries.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a medical emergency.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
- Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
Supervise the work of student assistants.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, and cold packs.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside.
- Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases.
- Frequent district-wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
Please apply at cisd.org and send resumes to
Hal Wasson Athletic Director
Joel Bennett Head Athletic Trainer
Corsicana ISD (CISD) does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an employee or applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminatory employment practice. Employment decisions will be made on the basis of each applicant’s job qualifications, experience, and abilities.
Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination based on sex, including sexual harassment should contact the CISD Director of Human Resources, the district Title IX coordinator. Employees with questions or concerns about discrimination on the basis of a disability should contact the CISD Transition Coordinator, the district ADA/Section 504 coordinator. Questions or concerns relating to discrimination for any other reason should be directed to the Superintendent at the Lee Education Center 2200 W. 4th Ave Corsicana, TX 75110, phone (903) 874-7441.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org