Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Athletics Position #: 000235
Location: Main Campus – Austin
This position is a 10-month (August-May), exempt position. Under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer, the Assistant Athletic Trainer will seek to provide an environment that will allow the student- athlete the chance to grow physically, socially, culturally, intellectually and morally in an institution whose mission is to “Develop Christian Leaders”. The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for assisting the head athletic trainer with providing services to approximately 300 athletes competing in 15 NCAA Division III sports.
- Training Services: Provide athletic training services, first aid, or emergency care for the student athletes and coaching staff; oversee daily job performance of work study students; assist in the daily operation of the athletic training room; recommend procedures for the prevention, assessment, and treatment of athletic injuries; provide care and first aid in the event of emergency until medical technicians, paramedics, physicians, or other health care providers arrive; recommend and coordinate the rehabilitation of athletic injuries. Assist in providing guidance and supervision of the Vivature and SWAY medical collection system and the secondary insurance program.
- Communications/Public Relations: Serve as a Christian role model for the students; under the guidance of the head athletic trainer coordinate referrals to healthcare providers; consult with parents/guardians of CTX student athletes regarding sports injuries when applicable; maintain a positive rapport with coaches, faculty, staff and students by providing oral and written reports to coaches.
- Recordkeeping: Maintain accurate and secure records related to individual injuries and personal medical history of athletes; collect and keep on file all insurance information for each student/athlete.
- Program Support: Attend all assigned home competitive athletic school events; attend all assigned home team sport practices; serve on department and university committees as needed; assist in department fundraising and other events; assist the Head Athletic Trainer in all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience as an athletic trainer, preferably in a collegiate setting
- Maintain NATA BOC certification
- Maintain licensure by the Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Comply with the Concordia University Texas’ Department of Athletics Procedures Handbook,
NCAA and ASC Manuals;
- Responsible to maintain a professional image while representing the University at games,
practices, away trips, conventions or meetings and in the local community
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, SWAY and Vivature
- A valid driver’s license and clear driving record without restrictions is required
- Ability to articulate and model the Concordia University Texas mission, vision and values
- Expected to work extended hours frequently
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time
- This position may require late evening, early morning, and weekend hours
- This position does not offer remote work opportunities
Contact: Collin Gentry at firstname.lastname@example.org