College Station High School
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports to: Campus Principal, Athletic Coordinator, Head Athletic Trainer
Salary: Teacher salary + Stipend +20 days (for total of 207 days)
($2,000 Masters Stipend Available)
Work/Job Status: Exempt
Start Date: August 1, 2021
Work with athletic trainer to plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for students participating in University Interscholastic League (UIL) athletic programs. Work under the direction of team physician to carry out activities in the areas of prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
Education and Certifications required:
State Licensed Athletic Trainer
Certification to teach SM I & II (or ability to obtain)
Bachelor degree or higher
- Assists the Athletic Trainer in injury assessment and evaluation of all athletic injuries for all sports and athletes.
- Provides for the proper emergency treatment of injuries in a prompt and professional manner.
- Determines the need for consultation with a physician and makes appropriate recommendations to coaches and/or parents.
- Cooperates with team and local physicians in administering treatment and rehabilitation programs for injured athletes.
- Assists in obtaining and maintaining all releases from attending physicians with regard to the status of the injured athlete.
- Cooperates with local physicians in administering a screening program for prospects in the school’s interscholastic athletic programs.
- Possesses and maintains necessary credentials as required by district policy.
- Attends appropriate meetings, seminars, and workshops.
- Keeps informed on current trends in the athletic training fields.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with all athletic coaches, students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, and other staff.
- Appropriate planning and utilization of therapeutic modalities, rehabilitation techniques, and programs.
- Advises coaches on the fit and use of protective equipment.
- Assists in compiling, maintaining, and filing all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documentations including medical, accident, and treatment records.
- Assists in preparing yearly supplies, bids, and orders for administration of the athletic training budget.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Administers the student insurance programs as it is applicable to athletics.
- Assists in the recruiting and training of student athletic trainers to assist in the athletic training program.
- Teaches athletic training class offered to student athletic trainers.
**The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
|Primary Location||College Station High School|
|Salary Range||Teacher Hire-In Schedule +20 days +stipend ($2,000 Masters stipend available)|
|Job Contact Information|
|Title||Head Athletic Trainer|
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org