Brownsboro High School
Brownsboro ISD is seeking Licensed Athletic Trainers to apply for the Assistant Athletic Trainer’s position at Brownsboro High School/Junior High. Brownsboro is a 4a high school located in East Texas between Tyler and Athens. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume with a letter of interest to Head Athletic Trainer Jason Thomas at Thomasj@gobearsgo.net
The following is a brief job description for the position.
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer at Brownsboro High School.
- Assist with coordination and supervision of the athletic training program for student athletes.
- Work under the direction of a team physician to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries. Provide instruction in classes assigned to support instruction and services for athletic training.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director and/or Head Athletic Trainer
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university
- Licensed as an Athletic Trainer by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Current Professional Rescuer CPR and AED certification
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Supervise the work of student assistants.
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Ability to provide emergency care
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
- Knowledge of infectious disease prevention and protocols
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Writing routine reports and/or correspondence.
- Ability to compile and maintain documents
Physical demands/environmental factors:
- Continual walking /standing
- Moderate lifting and carrying
- Stooping, kneeling, and reaching
- Exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather
- Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases
- Frequent district-wide and statewide travel
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours
- Pay Grade Teacher Salary per step, as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Additional athletic stipend as approved
Name: Jason Thomas
Title: Head Athletic Trainer
To apply for this job email your details to Thomasj@gobearsgo.net