Westbrook High School
NOTICE: This message originated from an email address outside of MISD. Please verify the display name matches the expected sender address.
Assistant Athletic Trainer at West Brook High School in Beaumont ISD?
Apply Online at https://bmtisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3608
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Work under the advice and consent of team physician to carry out activities in reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- State Certification
- National Certification-preferred
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Ability to provide emergency care
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to treat students athletes
- Ability to instruct student athletes and assistant student trainers
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Two years experience as an athletic trainer preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare athletes for game and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and para-medical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment under team physician’s orders.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train and supervise student assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
Supervise the work of student assistants.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bikes, pulleys, weights, whirlpool, paraffin bath, ultrasound equipment, cold packs and other modalities.
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Light lifting and carrying, reaching above shoulder, use of fingers, repetitive hand motions; frequent bending and stooping
- Prolonged use of computer
- Normal office environment
- May work prolonged or irregular hours
- Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside.
- Exposed to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases.
- Frequent districtwide and statewide travel.
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.
|Primary Location||WEST BROOK HIGH SCHOOL|
|Salary Range||$48,500.00 – $67,000.00 / Per Year|
To apply for this job please visit bmtisd.tedk12.com.