Wayland Baptist University
WAYLAND BAPTIST UNIVERSITY
|POSITION: Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine|
LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – Plainview Campus
DEPARTMENT/OFFICE: Intercollegiate Athletics
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Athletics
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine will report to the Director of Athletics and will be bound by the University and the Intercollegiate Athletics department mission statements. This position requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate sports medicine program. Candidates should also be willing to teach in the Exercise and Sport Science field of study.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Supervision and administration of all sports medicine operations for nineteen (19) intercollegiate sports.
- Evaluation and treatment of injuries and injury rehabilitation.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up to date medical records for student athletes and monitor insurance coverage.
- Supervise assistant athletic trainers and those students who are involved in the athletic training curriculum program.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective students interested in athletic training.
- Budget management and organization.
- Provide counseling and education to student athletes.
- Coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for practice and home & away competitions.
- Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Education, Certification and License:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in experience, background and skill preferred.
- Must hold Texas Athletic Trainer license (LAT).
- NATABOC (ATC) certification is preferred.
- First Aid, CPR and AED certifications required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Four (4) to six (6) years of progressive experience preferred.
- College level experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- A commitment to a Christian lifestyle.
- The ability to serve student athletes from a Christian perspective is essential.
- Individuals who apply should have proven integrity, leadership skills, and the ability to motivate students to be successful academically and athletically.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license or have access to reliable transportation. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
Executive Director of Human Resources
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W 7th Street, CMB#1274
Plainview, TX 79072
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com