TDLR is pleased to announce that we will begin issuing licenses and performing all regulatory duties associated with the Athletic Trainers program on Monday, October 3, 2016.
Until October 3, 2016, all licensing, compliance, and enforcement responsibilities for the Athletic Trainers program will remain at DSHS. For assistance in these areas, please visit the DSHS Athletic Trainers home page.
Below is a summary of the timeline leading up to the program launch date at TDLR:
- Feb. 9: Post Statement of Work to select vendors for contract to convert the transferring programs to TDLR-managed hardware and software (IT contract)
- Feb. 22: Bids due to TDLR for IT contract
- March 19: Contract award
- April 3: Conversion Project Kick-off
- Oct. 1: Effective date of TDLR administrative rules
- Oct. 1-2: Athletic Trainers program inactivated at DSHS / Go live at TDLR
- Oct. 3: First day of business for Athletic Trainers program at TDLR