McNeil High School
Teacher Salary Schedule
Lead Athletic Trainer
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Provide an athletic training program for athletic team participants, including but not limited to prevention, care, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries; supervise Athletic Trainers.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Support the implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of assigned programs for elementary and secondary education, curriculum, and/or instructional support, and ensure that assigned programs are efficiently and effectively administer
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plan
- Assist campuses in resolving parent/student issues and concerns in a timely mann
- Assist in managing student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handboo
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions:
- Evaluate, refer and treat athletic injuries and maintain records of all injuries/related documentatio
- Attend athletic events and practices; supervise the operation of assigned training room(s) and equipment.
- Develop and evaluate student trainers.
- Establish emergency injury procedures to be followed by coaches or trainers; communicate with parents, physicians, other trainers and coaches regarding injured athletes; determine if/when an injured athlete can return to practice or re-enter games after inju
- Maintain inventory, budget and ordering of athletic equipment and supplies, including, but not limited to the maintenance and tracking of athletic equipment issued/returned and processing of purchase ord
- Review and monitor assigned budgets; assign Athletic Trainer’s work schedule; coordinate training duties with Athletic Coordinator; perform other supervisory duties as directed.
- Coordinate departmental activities with other District offices and administrators and provide assistance to requesting departmen
- Follow District and department policies and procedures
Human Resources Management:
- Provide direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Provide input on performance of assigned staff.
- Recognize exemplary performance of assigned staff.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in professional development that increases effectiveness and improves District performance.
Academic Excellence Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives:
- Support the administration of state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines,
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the District’s initiatives,
- Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board polict,
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of acceptable injury treatment and/or referral standards and practices.
- Knowledge of applicable University Interscholastic League rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of district training practices and procedures.
- Skill in the treatment and/or referral of athletic injuries.
- Skill in directing the work of others,
- Skill in developing and nurturing student trainers.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work responsibilities and delegate appropriate departmental tasks effectively.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Travel district wide frequently and statewide occasionally.
- Work extended and irregular hours.
- Sit, walk, stand, stoop, bend, and lift specialized medical equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 20 occasionally.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment.
- Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous materials, situations that require following extensive safety precautions, and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work environment may involve biological exposure to blood pathogens, bodily fluids and waste, and other communicable diseases.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Texas Athletic Trainer license. Valid Texas Teacher Certification and previous experience highly preferred.
COMPENSASTION: Teacher Salary + Stipend + Days