Sul Ross University
SUL ROSS STATE UNIVERSITY
A Member of the Texas State University System
Alpine, Texas 79832
Announcement of Position Availability
Position #20170038S Head Athletic Trainer
Appointment Date: Until Filled
Requirements: Required: Texas Athletic Training licensure.
Preferred: Previous experience as an athletic trainer in an intercollegiate athletics program and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC). A Master’s degree with 18 hours in Physical Education or Kinesiology. Red Cross Instructor Certification is also preferred.
Responsibilities: The applicant will assume responsibility for all athletic training activities related to the athletic program including, but not limited to:
• Direct oversight of the evaluation and treatment of injuries and illnesses to intercollegiate student-athletes;
• Refer ill and/or injured student-athletes to health services or the team physician(s) regarding their injuries and/or illnesses;
• Responsible for the administration of department’s student-athlete health insurance needs;
• Maintain medical and administrative records;
• Interact with the institution’s secondary insurance provider to ensure proper coordination of payment of services rendered to student athletes;
• Coordinate the pre-participation medical examination with team physicians;
• Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and competition;
• Provide daily follow-up care and evaluation of injured and ill student-athletes and communicate with appropriate athletics staff regarding status of injury/illness and participation capabilities;
• Serve as administrative liaison between the athletics department and the medical community regarding the health care of student-athletes;
• Coordinate practice and game coverage, schedules, rehabs, assigns responsibilities, and supervises student athletic training staff;
• Oversee the budget responsibilities of inventory, purchasing and maintenance of supplies and materials;
• Oversee the documentation of injuries, treatments, and rehabilitation of injured athletes; • Ensure compliance of Federal Rules and Regulations (HIPAA) regarding confidentiality and electronic communication;
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Other Info: If selected applicant meets the required requirements, responsibilities will include lecture and head athletic trainer, teaching a minimum of 6 semester credit hours per semester in the Department of Kinesiology.
SRSU Athletics: The athletic program is a charter member of the American Southwest Conference which is a non-scholarship conference, and of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division III. Sponsored sports include: football, basketball, baseball, track, cross country and tennis for men and volleyball, basketball, softball, track, tennis, soccer, and cross country for women. More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu).
Sul Ross State
University: Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas (www.alpinetexas.com), is in the scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 1,800 students on campus in Alpine, Texas. At an elevation of 4,480 feet, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park, and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours driving distance from Alpine. More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu).
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references, and completed Sul Ross Faculty Application at https://sulross.peopleadmin.com/
Human Resources, Sul Ross State University, Box C-13, Alpine, TX 79832. Phone (432) 837-8058; Fax (432) 837-8244; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Application form is available on the “employment” page of the Sul Ross website.
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com