Sull Ross State University
Sul Ross State University
|Job Title||Head Athletic Trainer|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience and education|
|Required||Texas Athletic Training Licensure.|
|Preferred||Previous experience as an athletic trainer in an intercollegiate athletics program and the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC). A Master’s degree with 18 hours in Physical Education or Kinesiology. Red Cross Instructor Certification is also preferred|
|Primary Responsibilities||The applicant will assume responsibility for all athletic training activities related to the athletic program including, but not limited to:
• Direct oversight of the evaluation and treatment of injuries and illnesses to intercollegiate student-athletes;
• Refer ill and/or injured student-athletes to health services or the team physician(s) regarding their injuries and/or illnesses;
• Responsible for the administration of department’s student-athlete health insurance needs;
• Maintain medical and administrative records;
• Interact with the institution’s secondary insurance provider to ensure proper coordination of payment of services rendered to student athletes;
• Coordinate the pre-participation medical examination with team physicians;
• Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and competition;
• Provide daily follow-up care and evaluation of injured and ill student-athletes and communicate with appropriate athletics staff regarding status of injury/illness and participation capabilities;
• Serve as administrative liaison between the athletics department and the medical community regarding the health care of student-athletes;
• Coordinate practice and game coverage, schedules, rehabs, assigns responsibilities, and supervises student athletic training staff;
• Oversee the budget responsibilities of inventory, purchasing and maintenance of supplies and materials;
• Oversee the documentation of injuries, treatments, and rehabilitation of injured athletes; • Ensure compliance of Federal Rules and Regulations (HIPAA) regarding confidentiality and electronic communication;
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
|Other Information||This is a 12 month position
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
|About SRSU||The athletic program is a charter member of the American Southwest Conference which is a non-scholarship conference, and of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division III. Sponsored sports include: football, basketball, baseball, track, cross country and tennis for men and volleyball, basketball, softball, track, tennis, cross country for women and . More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu) Apply online at (https://sulross.peopleadmin.com/postings/3353).
Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students on campus in Alpine.
At an elevation of 4,480 feet in the scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours’ driving distance from Alpine.
|Instructions to applicants||How to Apply Submit letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references and completed Sul Ross application. Applications accepted until the position is filled.|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com