Western Texas College
Western Texas College
Position Opening: Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Department: Athletics (Start Date January 2018)
Position Summary: The successful candidate will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with recruitment of potential athletic training students, skill instruction, practice and game coverage, and rehabilitation and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Insure that all athletes have had physical examinations prior to the start of any season.
- Insure that all WJCAC guidelines and NJCAA regulations are fulfilled with regard to athletic trainer presence at WJCAC and NJCAA sporting events.
- Provide, either directly or indirectly, for immediate treatment or first aid for injured athletes during the course of athletic events or practice.
- Make suitable arrangements for injured athletes to get the necessary medical advice and treatment from physicians or sports medicine clinics when the extent of the injury warrants such referral.
- Determine techniques for the adequate protection of athletes required for participation in either athletic events or practices.
- Administer the proper rehabilitative therapy or post-injury care for athletes, utilizing available devices and facilities.
- Supervise the training facility, i.e. purchasing of equipment and supplies, budget preparation, inventories and general maintenance issues.
- Supervise and train student-athletic trainers in first aid treatment, use of physical modalities, adhesive strapping, wrapping and care of athletic injuries, general clean-up and record keeping.
- Travel with or provide for student trainers to travel with athletic teams to out-of-town contests.
- Establish and maintain records of all injuries, evaluations, doctor’s reports, treatments, taping and rehabilitative treatment given to anyone in the training room.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- LAT – Licensed Athletic Trainer
- CPR and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain certification upon employment (instructor certification a plus)
- Completion of or enrollment in graduate program (of the candidates choice)
- 20,930 plus benefits (10 month position)
- Outreach opportunities available
- Discounted housing available
Please contact Trint Palmer, M.Ed, ATC, LAT
Office: 325-574-7901, 325-212-0934 (Cell)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org