Please have applicants apply via the following link:
Full Time Professor 9 Month – Athletic Training (Temporary)
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Full Time Professor 9 Month – Athletic Training( Temporary)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Collin College’s primary athletic Trainer covering the athletic programs.
- Support the pre-season physicals for all students athletes.
- ensure licensed athletic training service is provided for Collin College hosted athletic events required.
- Serve as Primary Contact for Student-Athletes to refer them to physician care if needed.
- Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance.
- Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation. Hold office hours at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings.
- Actively participate in assisting the college to maintain standards required for accreditation.
- Perform registration tasks determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Participate in full regalia in official graduation ceremonies.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division dean.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the division dean, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic disciplines.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college’s campuses or offsite locations and may include concurrent enrollment, distance education, evening and weekend programs, online instruction and other instructional modalities. Non-teaching assignments include instructional development, academic advising and assisting students, registration assignments, participating in college-wide activities and task forces, and other appropriate responsibilities. These responsibilities may be scheduled within the flexible 170-day faculty calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Academic preparation in teaching field to include eighteen (18) semester hours in health and/or kinesiology or related field. Teaching experience is desired.
A minimum of three years experience as an Athletic Trainer is required.
Current license by the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers, Texas Department of State Health Services required.
Current national Certification as an athletic trainer issued by the National Athletic Trainers Association
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $50,000.00 – 61,845.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com