Texas School for the Deaf
Help plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student-athletes. Duties include preventing, recognizing, assessing, managing, treating, and rehabilitating injuries incurred during athletic practices and contests.
- Collects/files all athletic paperwork.
- Maintains checklist to ensure that each athlete has submitted in all paperwork.
- Coordinates the athletes’ clearance for participating in athletes, contacts parents for follow up, and communicates coaches regarding who is cleared every Monday before noon.
- Send out athletic training coverage to all coaches every Monday before noon.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student-athletes.
- Conducts initial assessments of athletes’ injuries, illnesses and formulates an impression in order to provide emergency or continued care or referral to a physician, if appropriate.
- Administers first aid and emergency care for acute athletic injuries and illnesses, communicates with parents and SHC staff if appropriate
- Coordinates, plans and implements a comprehensive rehabilitation program for athletic injuries
- Assists the Athletic Director in coordinating, planning and supervising all administrative components of the athletic training program
- Provides healthcare information and counsels athletes.
- Supports the Athletic Director/coaches in conducting research and providing instruction on subject matter related to athletic training.
- Provides training in CPR/AED and First Aid for all coaching staff
- Arranges medical/safety driving/NFHS/TAPPS trainings for all coaches.
- Arranges medical/safety driving training for all coaches
- Orders and monitors supplies and equipment for training room
- Recruits student=trainer(s) and trains them basic athletic training
- Supports Athletic Director in other activities related to the overall management of the TSD Athletics Program
- Assumes other responsibilities as designated by the Athletic Director.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Must have current license and ID card authorized by Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
3. Sign Language: The ultimate required proficiency level for the position using the levels designated in the Signed Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI) is ADVANCED. If hired with a sign language proficiency level below this level, you are required to participate in signed communication learning opportunities on a regular basis until you have achieved the sign language proficiency level assigned to your position. Must have at least minimum level of INTERMEDIATE.
1. CPR/First Aide Instructor
2. National Athletic Trainer’sAssociation Board of Certification
3. Sports Medicine Instructor
4. Proficient sign communications skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Attributes
1. Instructional Knowledge— knowledge of content; instructional methodologies, classroom management
2. Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
3. Effective Communication—the individual must be able to appropriately communicate with colleagues, students, parents, families, administrators, supervisors, and the public.
4. Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
5. Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
6. Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
7. Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
8. Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org