Texas School of the Deaf
ATHLETIC TRAINER (Job Posting 471-40) – Texas School for the Deaf
Texas School for the Deaf in Austin, Texas is seeking an Athletic Trainer for immediate employment. To see the full job posting and apply online go to https://www.tsd.state.tx.us> Employment > Job Opportunities. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Length of position: 187 contract days per year in accordance with school calendar
Salary: Based on degree and experience in accordance with Austin ISD P6 salary schedule.
Hours: 7:45 AM – 3:45 PM
Help plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student-athletes. Duties include preventing, recognizing, assessing, managing, treating, and rehabilitating injuries incurred during athletic practices and contests.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a directly related field.
- Valid license and ID card authorized by Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers.
- Able to obtain CPR/AED and First Aid instructor certification within designated time period.
- Sign Language: REVISED 10/12/2018: Sign Language skill is not required at the time of hire. The ultimate required proficiency level for the position using the levels designated in the Signed Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI) is ADVANCED. If hired with a sign language proficiency below this level, the applicant will be required to participate in signed communication learning opportunities on a regular basis until achieving the sign language proficiency level.
- Three or more years experience directly related to the field of Athletic Training.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate.
- CPR/AED and First Aide Instructor Certification.
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association Board of Certification.
- Texas State Athletic Trainers Association Sports Medicine Instructor Certification.
- Proficient sign communications skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES/ATTRIBUTES
- Instructional Knowledge— knowledge of content; instructional methodologies, classroom management
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Effective Communication—the individual must be able to appropriately communicate with colleagues, students, parents, families, administrators, supervisors, and the public.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Collects/files all athletic paperwork.
- Maintains checklist to ensure that each athlete has submitted all paperwork.
- Coordinates the athletes’ clearance for participating in athletics, contacts parents for follow up, and communicates with coaches regarding who is cleared every Monday before noon.
- Send out athletic training coverage to all coaches every Monday before noon.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student-athletes.
- Conducts initial assessments of athletes’ injuries, illnesses and formulates an impression in order to provide emergency or continued care or referral to a physician, if appropriate.
- Administers first aid and emergency care for acute athletic injuries and illnesses, communicates with parents and SHC staff if appropriate.
- Coordinates, plans and implements a comprehensive rehabilitation program for athletic injuries.
- Assists the Athletic Director in coordinating, planning and supervising all administrative components of the athletic training program.
- Provides healthcare information and counsels athletes.
- Supports the Athletic Director/coaches in conducting research and providing instruction on subject matter related to athletic training.
- Provides training in CPR/AED and First Aid for all coaching staff.
- Arranges medical/safety driving/NFHS/TAPPS trainings for all coaches.
- Orders and monitors supplies and equipment for training room.
- Recruits student-trainer(s) and trains them basic athletic training.
- Supports Athletic Director in other activities related to the overall management of the TSD Athletics Program.
HOW TO APPLY
To see the full job posting and apply online go to https://www.tsd.state.tx.us> Employment > Job Opportunities.
Email questions to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org