Plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of athletic training program for student athletes. Work alongside staff athletic trainers to carry out activities in the following areas: prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries. Assist fellow staff Athletic Trainers in selecting, training, and supervising student assistants in the Athletic Training Education Program.
Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
Sports Medicine Course Certification
American Heart Association BLS Instructor Certification-preferred, but not required
Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
Ability to provide emergency care
Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement a comprehensive athletic injury and illness prevention program for student athletes.
- Attend practice sessions and athletic contests as assigned by athletic director.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with students, parents, medical and paramedical personnel, coaches, and other staff.
- Provide physical conditioning training to student athletes.
- Fit injured athletes with specialized equipment and oversee its use.
- Prepare athletes for games and practices by conducting evaluations and using tape, wraps, splints, braces, and other protective devices as needed.
- Respond to emergencies and make quick, independent judgments about how to deal with injuries.
- Identify acute injuries and provide first-aid triage, including assessing injuries and deciding whether an athlete should seek further medical attention and should discontinue participation in the athletic event.
- Establish specific procedures to be carried out by a coach or student trainer in the event of a medical emergency.
- Detect and resolve environmental risks to athletes.
- Plan and put in place a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determine therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Apply therapeutic modalities and instruct athletes on proper use of exercise equipment.
- Evaluate and record rehabilitation progress of athletes. Develop criteria for progression and return to practice and competition.
- Follow professional, ethical, and legal parameters regarding use of drugs and therapeutic agents for treatment and rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Coordinate scheduling of athletic physical examinations and screening.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents including medical, accident, and treatment records as required.
- Maintain an inventory of training supplies and equipment. Requisition additional supplies as needed.
Exercise equipment and devices including stationary bike, pulleys, weights, therabands, whirlpool, electrical stimulation & ultrasound, Laser Touch One, heat and cold packs.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside. Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases. Frequent district wide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: Administrative/Professional Pay Grade 2
Please apply online at https://lockhartisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=166
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com