Wayland Baptist University
Wayland Baptist University
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Wayland Baptist University is a NAIA member with 19 teams. The sports medicine staff consists of four full time athletic trainers. Wayland Baptist University is a faith based institution and we expect all of our employees and students to uphold Christian values in a manner consistent with the mission of the University.
Position is for an Assistant Athletic Trainer that will work in conjunction with athletic training staff to cover Wayland Baptist University’s men’s and women’s athletic teams. The position of assistant athletic trainer requires all functions normally associated with an intercollegiate athletics sports medicine program and will be bound by the university and the athletic department mission statements. Teaching in the School of Education, Exercise & Sports Science departments may be required. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience
Specific Tasks and Duties:
1. Assist with the supervision and administration of all sports medicine operations for nineteen (19) intercollegiate sports.
2. Primary sport assignments include men’s wrestling, women’s wrestling, competitive cheer & dance
3. Assist with the prevention, evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries and illnesses.
4. Provide counseling and education to student athletes.
5. Assist with the coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
6. Assist with the supervision, education and recruitment of athletic training students.
7. Record keeping and documentation.
8. Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Head Athletic Trainer.
1. Master’s Degree with experience will be given first priority.
2. State of Texas licensure (LAT) or eligible required.
3. NATA BOC certification (ATC) or eligible (Preferred)
4. First Aid, CPR and AED certification required.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. One (1) to three (3) years of progressive experience preferred.
2. College level experience is preferred.
Landon Schumacher MAT, ATC, LAT
Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine
1900 West 7th Street
Plainview, TX 79072
If interested please fill out an application at https://www.wbu.edu/about/employment/staff/s822.htm
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Landon Schumacher via e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com