Assistant Athletic Trainer
University of Houston-Victoria
Assists the Head Athletic Trainer with medical services for intercollegiate athletes and coverage of athletic events; and assists with administration of drug testing program.
- Provides injury prevention and rehabilitation services to student athletes.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive rehabilitation and reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by student athletes.
- Determines therapeutic goals and objectives for individual athletes.
- Provides emergency care and first aid for athletic-related injuries and determines appropriate medical referrals as warranted.
- Possesses knowledge of therapeutic modalities and the ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athlete injuries.
- Compiles and maintains reports and files of medical, accident, and treatment records, as required.
- Assists with set up for games and practices, and provides event coverage at games and occasional practices.
- Maintains working knowledge and adherence to all NAIA and institution rules and regulations, and immediately communicates any possible infractions of such rules and regulations to Athletic Director.
- Assists with drug testing of student-athletes, including pre-season and random testing.
- Provides work leadership to athletic training students and student workers.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, athletic training, or related field and (1) year related experience; requires license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Training and current CPR/AED certification
Required Attachments by Candidate: Cover Letter, Resume
Minimum Salary: 15.38 Hourly
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2017, 8:47:16 AM
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: Sep 5, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Contact: Thomas Pribyl at PribylT@uhv.edu