Sul Ross State University
SUL ROSS STATE UNIVERSITY
A Member of the Texas State University System
Alpine, Texas 79832
FILLING THE POSITION WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON STATE APPROPRIATE FUNDS AVAILABILITY
Position #20170028S Assistant Athletic Trainer
Salary: $37,000 – $42,000 contingent on experience and education
Appointment Date: Until Filled
Requirements: Required: Bachelor’s degree; Licensed or eligible to take licensure exam in the State of Texas; Professional Rescuer CPR/AED & First Aid certification; basic computer and Microsoft Office skills. Candidates should be well-organized and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Effective verbal and written communications skills are essential.
Preferred: Master’s Degree; NATABOC certification; experience working in a coeducational collegiate environment; two or more years of experience as a certified athletic trainer; Additional certifications are desirable (First AID/CPR instructor, reputable strength and conditioning certification, Graston technique, FMS, etc.).
Responsibilities: The applicant will provide assistance for all athletic training activities related to the athletic program including, but not limited to:
• Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, referral, and rehabilitation of injuries and illness.
• Refer ill and/or injured student-athletes to health services or the team physician(s) regarding their injuries and/or illnesses;
• Maintain medical and administrative records;
• Interact with the institution’s secondary insurance provider to ensure proper coordination of payment of services rendered to student athletes;
• Coordinate and interact with team physicians and other health care professionals.
• Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and competition (sport assignments to be determined);
• Provide daily follow-up care and evaluation of injured and ill student-athletes and communicate with appropriate athletics staff regarding status of injury/illness and participation capabilities;
• Coordinate practice and game coverage, schedules, rehabs, assigns responsibilities, and supervise student athletic training staff;
• Assist with budget responsibilities of inventory, purchasing and maintenance of supplies and materials;
• Ensure compliance of Federal Rules and Regulations (HIPAA) regarding confidentiality and electronic communication;
• All other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or the Director of Athletics.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.
Other Info: This is a 12 month position
SRSU Athletics: The athletic program is a charter member of the American Southwest Conference which is a non-scholarship conference, and of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division III. Sponsored sports include: football, basketball, baseball, track, cross country and tennis for men and volleyball, basketball, softball, track, tennis, women’s soccer, and cross country for women. More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu).
Sul Ross State
University: Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas (www.alpinetexas.com), is in the scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 1,800 students on campus in Alpine, Texas. At an elevation of 4,480 feet, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park, and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours driving distance from Alpine. More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu).
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references, and completed Sul Ross Staff Application at https://sulross.peopleadmin.com/. Human Resources, Sul Ross State University, Box C-13, Alpine, TX 79832. Phone (432) 837-8058; Fax (432) 837-8244.. Position open until filled. Application form is available on the “employment” page of the Sul Ross website.
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored by Sul Ross State University on any basis prohibited by applicable law, including but not limited to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.