Mesquite ISD is inviting interested Licensed Athletic Trainers to apply for the Assistant Athletic Trainer’s position at John Horn High School. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume with a letter of interest to Bucky Taylor, ATC LAT. The email address is email@example.com.
Resume’s will be accepted until March 1. If you have questions, please contact Bucky Taylor. The following is a brief job description for the position.
To plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of the athletic training program for student athletes. Also work under the direction of the head athletic trainer, school district physician, team physicians, and local physicians to carry out activities in prevention, evaluation, emergency treatment, physical reconditioning, and rehabilitation of injuries.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred)
- Valid license from Texas Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers
- Current Professional Rescuer CPR and AED certification
- NATA BOC Certification (preferred)
- First Aid, CPR, AED Instructor (preferred)
- Teacher Certification or willingness to get certified
- Ability to provide injury prevention and rehabilitation services
- Ability to provide emergency care
- Knowledge of therapeutic modalities and ability to apply appropriate treatment to treat student athletic injuries
- Knowledge of drug testing procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of student insurance programs, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of infectious disease prevention and protocols
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes and assistants
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience as an athletic trainer in a high school setting preferred but not required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervise the work of student assistants.
- Supervise the work of professional assistant (Head AT only)
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Writing routine reports and/or correspondence.
- Ability to compile and maintain documents
Physical demands/environmental factors:
- Continual walking /standing
- Moderate lifting and carrying
- Stooping, kneeling, and reaching
- Exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather
- Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases
- Frequent district-wide and statewide travel
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours
To apply for this job email your details to BTaylor@mesquiteisd.org